My new favorite tacos, meet you! Even the most fervent carnivores in your life will like these vegan tacos.
Refried pinto beans, a smooth avocado salsa, hastily pickled onions, and fresh toppings are all ingredients in this vegetarian taco recipe.
I believe that a great taco should have the following components: beans, avocado, shredded cabbage, pickled onions, and feta cheese, along with a variety of fresh flavors. These characteristics are abundant in these tacos.
These vegetarian tacos were influenced by Bonito Michoacan, a local authentic Mexican taqueria. On Fridays, they sell tacos for $1. I used my preferred toppings from their amazing salsa and pickle bar on mine after ordering beans and cheese. Look for the girl dancing in her seat with big hair and tacos covered in drippy sauce, and you’ll see me.
Tips & Notes on Tacos
When you are cooking with friends, these tacos are enjoyable to create. Dinner will be done quickly if you simply allocate the parts (they are all very easy). If you’re in a rush, I also provided some shortcuts in the recipe notes.
With the addition of rice, these items might easily be made into a burrito, burrito bowl, or quesadilla. They taste good in every form.
More Delicious Taco Recipes
Don’t forget to check out my cookbook’s “Taco Party” menu (page 189). Refried black beans, roasted mushrooms and poblano peppers, guacamole, and crunchy kale slaw are used to make those tacos. In fact, tacos are the best.
Also read: How to Make Frittatas (Stovetop or Baked)
- Quick-pickled onions
- Creamy avocado dip
- Easy refried beans
- 8 corn tortillas
- Salsa verde
- Shredded green cabbage (for extra crunch)
- Crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the onions, avocado dip, and beans as directed, in that order.
- Once they’re ready, warm the tortillas in a large skillet over medium heat in batches, flipping to warm each side. Alternatively, you can warm them directly over a low flame on a gas range. Stack the warmed tortillas on a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- To assemble the tacos, spread refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with avocado dip and onions (for reference, I used all of the beans and about half of the avocado dip and onions). Finish the tacos with garnishes of your choice, and serve immediately.
- Leftover pickled onions and avocado dip are great on quesadillas, nachos or tortilla chips, sandwiches, etc.